Wednesday 1 April 2015

March's Photo of the Month

"Hang on to your nuts!" by Pauline Fowler

It's that time again for me to share with you my pick of the photo of the month. Last month I went right back to the beginning of the month, but for March I chose one which was only sent in via email the other day.

We had some great photos, as always, going up on our social sites... Some really nice early portraits of our new water voles on our display island, our new pine marten Drogo and our adders about to shed... But I chose this one above sent in via email and taken by Pauline Fowler.

This is a beautiful portrait, very soft and muted colours, but really captures the essence of the squirrel and the weather that day. When I first saw this it almost felt like I was looking at a painting, and that is what caught my eye. What I particularly like about this photo is that it was taken on a very windy, dark, wet day... you can see the tail and ear tufts being blown by the wind... and it goes to show, that even in less than ideal weather, you can get out there with a camera and take some amazing photographs.

Well done Pauline! Beautiful photo. If you would like to see more of Pauline's photography, follow the link in the photo or her name above to go to her website. If you like the style of the photo above, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Pauline's photo, along with the other photos of the month, will be in our coffee shop gallery throughout 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.