Tuesday 14 April 2015

Dancing Adders


Well, I promised I would let you know as soon as anything happens... This afternoon our adders attempted, all be it a little lack lustre, to do some dancing.



The silver male and one of the sandy ones had a little go at it, but it did not last long at all. The silver male slithered off very quickly. A couple of times they crossed paths again, and very quickly the silver one wussed out again.

I did not see the other male today, so I hope he was hiding away and shedding. I expect him to give the sandy male a bit more competition, over the coming days/weeks.



For the brief spell they did "dance" it was actually quite impressive. You can see from the photo above they really reared up before going there separate ways.

Anyway, here is a little slow motion video of them dancing earlier today. I will keep my eye on them over the next few days, and hopefully we will get to see some proper "Dance of the Adders" action :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.